Twenty-five years ago today, FBI tanks smashed into the ramshackle home of the Branch Davidians outside Waco, Texas. After the FBI collapsed much of the building atop the residents, a fire erupted and 76 corpses were dug out of the rubble. Unfortunately, the American political system and media have never faced the lessons from that tragic 1993 day.
Fifty-one days before the FBI final assault, scores of federal Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms agents launched an attack on the Davidians’ home spurred by allegations that they had converted semi-automatic rifles to full-automatic capacity. The ATF’s lead investigator had previously rejected an offer to peacefully search the Davidians’ home for firearms violations. Four ATF agents and six Davidians were killed in the fracas on February 28, 1993. At least one ATF agent told superiors that the ATF fired first,spurring an immediate end to the official shooting review. But the media trumpeted the ATF storyline that its agents had been ambushed, entitling the feds to be far more aggressive in the following weeks.
The above story from the Hill is an opinion piece. Points to consider.
- FBI tanks? The tanks were loaned by the military to counteract large caliber rifles in the compound.
- As the picture above shows, the building was mainly intact when the fire(s) broke out.
- The remains of 18 children and nine women were later found inside this bunker vault. The majority had died of smoke inhalation.
- 76 men, women and children died in this senseless military style assault which used highly lethal military CS gas as a primary weapon. CS is not a nerve agent and it doesn’t in normal concentrations cause immediate death. But it is highly flammable, persistent and designed to incapacitate targets by causing massive biological reactions including inability to breathe, massive tearing in the eyes, nose bleeds, etc.
- The ATF raised its flag over the compound for a short time above the ruins.
- The false narrative put forth by Bill Clinton that child abuse was part of the Branch Davidians takes on new meaning with the revelations of his escapades on the Lolita Express.
- This was a fund raiser for the ATF and it succeeded.
We are told that the rank and file of the FBI are good people. We are told that the top management of the FBI and DOJ are responsible for the two tiered justice currently in place in the country. I will leave you with the following thought concerning the rank and file of the FBI and DOJ.