Night Movements is essential for the study of counter-insurgency and clandestine activities. Truly a collector’s item, this rare translation of the original (1913) Japanese military text is generally regarded as the finest study of night fighting ever written. The following topics are thoroughly covered:
- The Psychology of fighting at night
- Achieving silence in night movements
- How to dress and develop your night vision
- Training in hearing at night
- Training in techniques for night fighting
- Night demolition
- Secret techniques for night patrols
- Use of weapons at night
- Night fighting and battles
- And much, much more.
The original manual was used to train snipers, scouts, and saboteurs in World War II. After the war, it became one of the many classic manuals used by insurgents in many parts of the world.