Bob Basso makes a cogent argument for voting correctly to save the country. He assumes that the anti-Obama candidate will be able to return the country to prosperity and morality. What he does not address is the alternative scenarios.
What if Obama wins reelection? What if the Republican candidate is weak and hamstrung by Congress? As the nation focuses on the presidential election, the Democrat party is working to take back control of the House of Representatives. Is this possible. Absolutely.
The 2010 election results gave the country a Republican controlled House of Representatives that:
- Did not stop the increase of the national debt since 2011 through 2012 by $2.9 trillion.
- Gave us John Boehner as the Speaker of the House.
- Did not address the Department of Justice’s selective prosecution of criminal cases.
- Did not address Eric Holder’s Congressional perjury for Fast & Furious.
- Gave Obama control to raise the debt ceiling in August without Congressional approval.
I could add more to the list but let’s outline what the 2010 Republican controlled House did accomplish:
We have no one to blame but ourselves. We have allowed our votes to be bought, we were complacent about voter fraud and we did not demand competent candidates. Instead of voting against the “lesser good”, we voted for the lesser of two evils. And we did nothing as our country was stolen and then transformed into a Socialist state until 2009. When we started to stand up, our own government labelled us as right wing extremist or domestic terrorists. After healthcare legislation was passed and the 2010 elections were over, our efforts have diminished. Our national outcry against tyrannical government has been reduced to an ABO effort: anyone but Obama.
There are three questions to ask yourself:
- What will you do if Obama gets reelected?
- What will you do if the Democrat party regains controls of the House?
- What will you do?
The first two are time dependent on the November elections. The third is not: you need to answer this now because it is not time dependent. If you are not preparing a contingency plan for your family’s well being, now would be a good time to start. If you have prepared, now would be a good time to double check your plan and supplies. But be forewarned, question number 3 is the one that should and will try our souls. This war for our future was not resolved in 2010 and it will not be resolved at the ballot in 2012.