These include proposals to:
- Reinstate the federal ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
- Require every gun buyer to obtain a permit before making a purchase.
- Require point-of-sale background checks on all gun purchases while closing the gun show loophole.
- Institute a new age limit of 21 for those wishing to buy handguns, semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
- Require a mandatory 48-hour waiting period for all gun purchases.
- Institute a federal “red flag” law to deny permits to “troubled people who pose a danger to themselves or others.”
- Institute a temporary ban on gun possession for those convicted of assault or other violent misdemeanors.
- Ban all guns in K-12 schools, colleges, and universities, except for law enforcement.
- Reverse the law that gives gun makers and gun dealers immunity from lawsuits.
- Create the position of White House gun coordinator “to mobilize the public to fight gun violence and launch an inter-agency hub to fight gun violence.”
Plugin by: PHP Freelancer