The plan was to move dozens of patients who tested positive for the coronavirus from Travis Air Force Base in Northern California to Costa Mesa.
A federal court blocked efforts Friday night to transfer dozens of patients who tested positive for the coronavirus from Travis Air Force Base in Northern California to an empty building in Southern California.
U.S. District Judge Josephine Staton granted a temporary restraining order after the city of Costa Mesa filed a request for an injunction earlier in the day. Named as defendants were the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services and the California Department of General Services.
An expedited hearing is scheduled Monday in Santa Ana, California.
City officials said they were made aware of plans Thursday evening by regional representatives from state and local health agencies to transfer 30 to 50 patients to a building there. The patients would have arrived as early as Sunday, according to the court filing.
So the simple questions are:
- Why is the government not reporting the number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in the United States? The above story proves that they are lying about the true situation here.
- How many other “bases” of infected are in the country?
- Why is the CDC not investigating people unless they were in China or had contact with someone who was in China recently? In other words, why are they not investigating endemic cases here?
- With the massive outbreaks in South Korea, Iran and Italy in a very short time frame, is it possible that the outbreak is being spread on purpose?
- Why do only 3 states (California, Illinois and Nebraska) have kits to test for COVID-19?
- Does the government have a gag order on medical staff concerning this outbreak here?
- Are our universities infected by the Chinese students who returned to the United States for the spring semester?
- Is this the week that the supply chain breaks completely?
- Is this the week that the stock market crashes?
- Is this the week that mandatory quarantines are implemented here?