You know things are not going your way when a long-time ally and peer in the world’s power structure ‘shuns’ you. On the heels of the exposure of a 2nd “spy case”, Germany has had enough…
- *GERMANY EXPELS U.S. DIPLOMAT OVER ESPIONAGE AFFAIR
- *GERMAN GOVT TAKING ISSUE ‘VERY SERIOUSLY,’ CHANCELLERY SAYS
- *EXPULSION LINKED TO INVESTIGATION OF ALLEGED U.S. SPYING
It appears the US surveillance efforts was crossing Merkel’s red line and the ‘diplomat’ appears to the CIA station chief. Of course, we are sure President Obama knew nothing about this spying…
As Bloomberg reports,
Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government asks representative of U.S. security services at embassy in Berlin to leave Germany.
• Expulsion tied to investigations into U.S. espionage activity in Germany, Federal Chancellery says in e-mailed statement.
• “The government takes these activities very seriously,” Germany’s Federal Chancellery says in e-mailed statement.
• Trustful cooperation with U.S. “indispensable” to Germany, though must be reciprocated