Another debate and another missed opportunity to ask questions on issues that will decide our future. We all know that the candidates agree or only have minor differences on health care, immigration and global warming. Superficial questions on economy and foreign policy at this critical time should leave America asking if our media thinks we can handle the truth. Or does the media think that they should decide what we need to know to make informed decisions?
I agree that the re-election of Obama will destroy this country. But I do not feel that this should preclude us from making an informed decision on whom the Republican nominee should be. I do not want to lose our nation’s sovereignty to a new world order. Actually, let me clear on this subject for Janet Napolitano and Eric Holder: I will not submit.
Here is a partial list of questions that I would like to see addressed by the candidates:
- How will you address the 100% debt to GDP ratio? What is the time frame to carry out your plan?
- What are your views on executive orders? Do you feel Obama is bypassing the legislative branch of the government with executive orders?
- Will you commit to have no czars in your administration?
- What changes will you make in the Department of Justice? Will you direct the DOJ in your administration to bring charges for voter intimidation in Philadelphia from the 2008 election?
- What will you do to repair foreign relations with our traditional allies like England and Israel?
- What are your views on the Muslim Brotherhood, specifically in Egypt? Will you address the Muslim threat that we are facing.
- Will you support legislation to make insider trading in Congress illegal? What is the time frame?
- Outline your energy policy for the first six months in your administration.
- Would you require full audits of the Federal Reserve every year? Would you require an audit of the nation’s gold reserves?
- How will you protect our economy and banks when the European Union collapses?
- What sanctions would you impose on Congress if a federal budget is not approved in any current fiscal year?
- Will you repeal Sections 1021 through 1023 of the NDAA? What is your view of posse comitatus?
We need answers to real questions. If we cannot handle the truth, do we deserve the freedom and principles that we given to us?
“These are the times that try men’s souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”
— Thomas Paine, The Crisis
If the real issues are not addressed, we will have to pay the proper price to regain our rights under God’s natural laws.