While we debate issues and legislation, maybe we should consider looking back. I mean looking back as if it was 2020 instead of 2013. In our future, the analysis of the fall of the United States’ economy and possibly the country will be shown to be the end of the rule of law. A representative republic without the rule of law will fall. In fact, without the rule of law, man will descend into tyranny as the government’s lust for power becomes unchecked. Let’s review the “rule of law” in America today.
1. The federal government will not enforce its own immigration laws. In fact, Eric Holder has brought charges against the state of Arizona for enforcing federal laws.
2. Incandescent light bulbs are illegal but the same branch of government which enacted this legislation refuses to fund its enforcement. The result: “illegal” light bulbs can be bought without consequence. Law or test?
3. Fast & Furious. Where to even start.
4. Rampant voter fraud with no indictments. Eric Holder refused to bring charges against his people in the New Black Panther 2008 voter intimidation case.
5. Unconstitutional health care “legalized” as a tax.
6. Theft of private property by the federal government in the case of General Motors bondholders redistributed to the labor unions.
7. Illegal overseas campaign contributions to both of Obama’s campaigns with no consequences.
8. The executive branch bypasses Congress to initiate wars and arms smuggling: kinetic action in Libya and Benghazi as a route to arm Syrian rebels.
9. The government overrides the Bill of Rights with the Patriot Act, NDAA and executive orders regarding the 1st amendment.
10. A presidential kill list.
All men are not created equal in the current United States of America. When we look back, the clarity of our demise is clear. The question is why did we not see it? Do we choose to ignore it? Is it apathy? Or is the tireless minority just waiting:
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds.
Step 1 is to understand our duty:
If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
No one can argue that it is time for patriots to prevent the ruin of our country.
Where-ever law ends, tyranny begins, if the law be transgressed to another’s harm; and whosoever in authority exceeds the power given him by the law, and makes use of the force he has under his command, to compass that upon the subject, which the law allows not, ceases in that to be a magistrate; and, acting without authority, may be opposed, as any other man, who by force invades the right of another. This is acknowledged in subordinate magistrates. He that hath authority to seize my person in the street, may be opposed as a thief and a robber, if he endeavours to break into my house to execute a writ, notwithstanding that I know he has such a warrant, and such a legal authority, as will impower him to arrest me abroad. And why this should not hold in the highest, as well as in the most inferior magistrate, I would gladly be informed.