This is the final installment of my interview with the CEO of GBI: Gold Bullion International, a Wall Street firm that facilitates trading in actual physical gold for retail and institutional investors directly through their brokerage account. This segment covers:
- the ownership structure of GBI,
- a direct comparison of direct ownership versus the GLD ETF,
- a clarification of counterparty risk,
- what happens if GLD et. al. are found out not to have the physical gold backing their fund that many parties anticipate,
- and the ability of GLD and related ETFs to actually print thier own money..