Depending on your immigration status, length of time in the United States, and income, you may be eligible for some federal benefit programs.
The links below will lead you to official government websites describing a range of assistance programs.
- Official website with information on all available federal benefit programs. (English version – Spanish version)
- Official website for Medicare, the health insurance program for people 65 years of age or older or who have specific disabilities.
- Official website for Medicaid, the joint federal/state medical care program for low-income people.
- Official website for the Social Security Administration. (English version – Spanish version)
- Social Security information available in foreign languages.
- Information on Supplemental Security Income benefits for aliens.
- Information on the Food Stamp Program for low-income families.
- A website containing links to available federal information in other languages.
- Information on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program.
- Information on access to federal benefits and services for immigrant survivors of domestic violence.