Beloved friends in the love of liberty;
Peace and blessings to you, and to your families. May you be fortified well against the days to come. What we have witnessed in recent days is bewildering to many, and rightly so; for the very fabric of our society, which for several decades has been drawn and stressed by so many factors, has begun to rent visibly since the new year. We have witnessed terror, violent unrest, and the fall of so many governments that it is difficult for one to keep apace of the turbulence in which the world seems, inexorably, to be sinking.
Every day we are awash in fresh news of controversy, unrest, scandal, and outright war, such that our instincts are to turn away, and to deny the rising tide all around us, in the hopes of keeping our own small world dry and safe from the mounting torrent of the angry world outside.
Increasingly, our thoughts are in turmoil, our souls prey to anxiety about what tomorrow holds for ourselves and our loved ones. We are stunned with trepidation at the prospects of such profound change as our situation seems to demand, and yet we know that to do nothing is to succumb to forces which pay us no regard; and which, if left unchecked, will consume our liberty, our dignity, and perhaps even our very sustenance.
Speculation is rampant, and yet each day it is fueled anew; grows greater in force; and darker in tone. A spirit of dark carnival has entered our streets here in America, and while fear, frustration, anger, and the urge to bring change resonates in many of us; yet we cannot, and do not consent to the fashion by which these emotions are being released in our public venues, for what we see is repugnant; it is not, at its heart, a movement composed of hope, goodness, and light, but a movement of despair, rage, and aggression; its leading must, inevitably, be downward, into violence and despotism, if it goes anywhere at all.
But what is driving all of this social and financial distress? This we must know, for if we are to right the wrongs which have brought this upon us, and to prevent their future recurrence, then we must get to the heart of the matter, to know what the source of our malady is and to, thus informed, seek a cure which will not only be effective, but which will not put us through more turmoil than absolutely necessary.
I have written elsewhere upon my belief that liberty is a blessing for all, and a birthright forever; but liberty is a birthright which can only be claimed by men willing to accept responsibility for their own lives, and who impart no other demand than liberty upon their government. Yes indeed - you have to elevate your own sense of responsibility, be prepared to provide for yourself and your own family; thus lowering your expectations upon your government to the absolute bare minimum. This is the only way it can work… any other means of obtaining a small and accountable government is bait and folly; bread and circuses. And make no mistake, liberty and big government have been at odds since the foundations of the world were laid – look at ancient Egypt and Babylon: they built their “great civilizations” upon the backs of generations of slaves, and yet where are they now?
Now, having declared the essence of the challenge before us, allow me to frame what I believe we are facing. Before us lies the need for a great “reality correction”. Markets, lifestyles, government, travel, and every other aspect of our lives have been inflated, deformed, and crafted to support a gross consumerism which is wholly unsustainable – now, all of these things must find their equilibrium, their individual balance points.
We have created the imbalance, accepted societal untruths which prospered only those who anticipated the return stroke of the pendulum, yet did nothing to warn us away from our undoing. Rather, this corrupt and power-hungry group among us fabricated an alternate reality, and did conspire to cast it upon us like a spell, attracting us like moths to a flame of undoing, for their own material gains. They have attracted us with the hope that we could become as wealthy as they are. Yes, we sacrificed our Republican ideals for a tawdry bit of faux wealth and rhinestone glamour.
But it’s not just bankers, it’s not just politicians, though it may have started there – this danger actually propagated first through our educational institutions, entertainment franchises, and unions. Yes, I am saying that unions, university faculty, and the Hollywood crowd ushered this in at least as much as the money launderers and political pimps. Socialism came in through the servants’ door, in all truth. It came in the guise of social security, welfare, and medicaid; it came in through mandatory union membership being attached to the majority of public-sector jobs; it came in through the FED and FDIC, FDA subsidies, Federal Flood Insurance, and a thousand other ‘cuts’ to our personal independence.
Now, it is time to pay our unheralded pipers. They have been wooing us for over three generations, and they are, alas, tired of waiting for the great consummation they have been so lewdly imagining. They want their worldwide socialist democracy, their NWO. To get it, they have usurped law and corrupted governments all over the world. They have caused labor tensions and strikes, fomented unrest and financed revolutions, and created a precipitous economic slope through the manipulation of entire currencies and markets. Their weapons are mud, lies, strong rhetoric, corruption, the manipulation of labor, and the power to inflate currencies and commodities such as oil. We gave them the reigns so that we could enjoy a taste of the good life, but now they are the rider on our backs, telling us to pull harder.
Understanding why, let us now look at a likely chain of events. It likely begins with a sovereign default, or the disclosure that a mega-bank such as J.P. Morgan or Deutsche Bank is over-exposed and is being “downgraded”. The details of the igniting event are unimportant, believe it or not, once the ball starts rolling. Now, the excessive inter-dependence of all the principal financial entities takes over, as each is thrown off balance while attempting to “manage” its exposure to the failing entities securities. Bump, bump, bump – like a wave, the risk is distributed through the complex financial fabric, finding every weakness, every error, ever undisclosed liability. The exponential leverage of risk upon risk suddenly becomes visible to the other banks, and causes fears of a full-on default. Once this fear hits the news, the institutional investors (401.k, IRA, and pension funds) will try to get out of their risk positions immediately, even at a major loss.
Prices of the tainted assets will plummet. The natural drag down effect of the market will hurt even healthy entities in the same markets, as banks and fund managers sell and shuffle to cover. Now, real failures are made, as the market takes a dive and margins are called in a cascade of risk-management triggers which have been haphazardly built-in over the years. This is the Iceburg. Not only can such a thing sink a Titanic, it can cause a tsunami. An iceburg melts from the bottom up, because water conducts heat much better than air. At some point in time, the “tip of the iceburg” becomes too heavy, and it shifts suddenly and violently to a new position in the water. Markets are the same – a lot of money can be lost “below the water line” before the iceberg flips, but when it does it will disrupt and destroy anything in its vicinity, and ultimately will sit lower in the water after such an event. The tsunami is catastrophic inflation, and the ultimate disposition, the iceberg sitting lower in the water, is the final deflationary stabilization at corrected market values.
When this happens, expect the following to occur, and swiftly -
1. The use of money, as we know it today, will be suspended at a minimum, but more likely, our familiar currencies will cease to represent any real buying power. The first phases of this have, in fact, been happening for decades. It began with the mass flight of nations from the Gold Standard which was all but complete in the 1970s. It will culminate with a great and sudden flipping of the iceburg as the various unstable systems of promissory notes and debt-based economies implode in short order. Your bank account will be void overnight, and debit and credit cards will cease to work. The actual paper currency you hold will also lose most of its value as the demand for real goods explodes. Fear will blossom into panic, and everything will be bought up while cash still has some value.
2. A paycheck is worthless if it cannot be cashed, and most people do not have the trust and resolve to ‘work for nothing’, so many services we rely on will go dark over a period of a week or less: Grocery store shelves will empty and not be replenished; gasoline and other petroleum products will cease to flow, and even basic utilities such as electricity, water, and sewer may become intermittent, and/or fail all together. Police, Fire, and EMS services will be drawn back to the most meager levels, and will likely not be available at all in many areas for a period of time.
3. Because of #1 and 2, above, riots will explode, starting in the urban core, and spreading outward into suburbia. Do not imagine that civility will win the day – rather, it will be among the first casualties. Likely even the quietest and most politically correct will shed their social skins and revert to savagery when they perceive that they and their children may starve; when they realize that every single one of their expectations for tomorrow have evaporated over night, never to be seen again. Satisfaction of immediate needs will be the only law, and violence the final authority in most populous places. As a response, martial Law will be imposed in the cities and larger suburban areas, extending as far out as there is functioning government to enforce it.
4. With profound privation and exploding violence will come a great diaspora from the cities. The absence of food, comfort, and safety will drive people from urban centers like a bomb blast, commencing as little as 24 hours after the iceberg flips; and certainly, within a week, the living population of nearly every urban center will have decreased by ~75%. Some urbanites will die where they lived, but sadly, far more will die along the routes of our freeways and interstate highways. Their lives will run out along with their gas tanks and meager trunk-loads of food, water, and other supplies. The force of this human blast will extend deeply into heavily developed suburban communities, thus forcing a second wave of flight, as suburbia is overrun with desperate urbanites searching for a safe haven which no one has prepared for them. With the loss of financial backing and essential infrastructure, nearly all personal communications mediums will cease to function. Most broadcast radio and television stations will also fall silent.
5. After two to four weeks, the dust will begin to settle, and those still alive will begin to clean up their neighborhoods, and to establish provisional security agreements in the hopes of securing their communities, and beginning to rebuild. At this point, some 25 to 50 million Americans will have passed into eternity. Less than 5% will have ben givien a proper interrment, and disease will be the next horror to face.
6. After 3-4 weeks, the military and NGO relief workers, fanning out from the urban centers, will begin trying to clean up and to reinstate order, using a carrot and stick method. They will try to move the population into centralized “shelters” where it will be easier to feed the multitude and provide other services. All that you will have to do is surrender your personal supplies of food, water, and medicine to gain entry. Firearms will all be confiscated “for everyone’s safety”. If you refuse their offered shelter and food, they will still insist on confiscation of your guns and other choice bits of your property. They always do; Hurricane Katrina gives a clear and present example.
7. Another 50-100 million people will die between weeks 4 and 40, due to malnutrition, disease, exposure, and continued violence. In the more rural areas, barter and community markets will begin to fulfil at least some of people’s daily needs. Martial Law will become so well instated that those in power will become reluctant to even attempt the restoration of civil society, [as if they would let such a grand emergency go to waste] and a resistance movement will become evident.
8. At this point, circumstances will have prepared us to witness one of two things: the Rapture, or a second revolutionary war. Nearly all hope and expectation of ever restoring the civilization we once enjoyed will have fled, and a new world will need to be built, one way or the other. But if we do not see the Rapture, then we will face a period of years during which we must rebuild society. What that brave new world will look like will be up to those who survive…
This is what I believe is coming, no more and no less, but it is just my opinion. Yet, all the evidence points to an utter and calamitous impasse in financial, political, social, and even spiritual life throughout not only America, but throughout the world. The signs are all around us, and undeniably so. Hedge funds are buying farm land for their wealthy clients, gold prices are at unheard of levels, the cost of oil is again surging above $100/barrel, and food costs are growing faster than any other market segment, up 30% from just three years ago. Meanwhile, the total number of jobless continues to grow, and has now been rising for so long that vast numbers of people have fallen off the statistical table of unemployment because they have gone beyond the 99 weeks for which our government pays benefits.
So on to what we must do – for certainly we cannot afford to do nothing, if we love our lives and our families.
1. There are certain areas which will be most dangerous when the iceberg flips. Be gone before the day arrives, or in all likelihood you will see your last days when this event comes to pass. Most dangerous in that moment are the great metropolises: Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Miami, Baltimore, and others of equal size. Any place within two hours drive of such a city will dissolve, overnight, into an apocalyptic vision beyond any decent description. The Boston to Washington DC corridor will be first and worst hit. Get out now – take a leave of absence from work, and search eagerly for a safer place to live, which you can afford with a minimum of reliance upon our current economic structure.
2. Stock up on food; be prepared to collect, store, and purify your own water; and buy seeds so that you may grow your own food after the stores are empty
3. Be prepared to heat and light your house without the benefit of commercial electric power. Have a wood stove for heating and cooking. Have kerosene lamps and fuel, candles, and a good supply of LED flashlights and batteries
4. Put together a survival medicine kit. Think of a year’s worth of trips to the pharmacy – what you would need, and buy it. Talk to your doctor about obtaining antibiotics “for a long international trip”. Get trained in First Aid. Expand your kit to include splints, basic medical tools such as a stethoscope, BP cuff, and minor surgical tools and techniques. Get books on emergency medicine, and study them – knowledge is more important than stuff.
5. Buy a rifle and learn how to use it. Don’t consider it, just do it. Buy three times as much ammunition as you think you might need - ammunition will be currency as well as protection, and a means of obtaining food. Otherwise, your home, your supplies, and your very lives will fall to someone who prefers a violent life to a peaceful death.
6. Buy books. There will be no Internet, no cell phones, no TV, and no travel. Buy books on gardening, hunting, canning, how to butcher meat and fowl, how to make soap, how to keep bees, and how to make or find every other household essential – the stores’ shelves will not be providing these things again soon. Buy a good quality, full sized Bible – expect it to be the center of your family’s reading for the next generation. Buy the classics – otherwise they will perish; buy books on philosophy, history, law, and government – we will need them to rebuild our society; buy text books on the basic subjects – if you don’t have children now, you might in the future, and if not, the textbooks will still be essential to your community; buy books that will entertain you and your children – for the nights will be long, and you will want distraction from a hard reality.
7. Buy more food, more fuel, more ammunition, and more books. There will be those worse off than your family – those in need of your assistance. Build your community by being active in it NOW, and by being prepared to help, rather than needing help, when the time comes.
8. Speak up. Teach and assist others to do what you are doing. Do not be the weak link – do it NOW, and at every step along the way, as soon as you are prepared to that level yourself.
Yes, this is more than a bit horrifying to contemplate, but it is not the end. Remember always that God is with us. He watches, He Hears, and He will judge. Remember all that He has give you, and be grateful, always. Also remember that “he whom He loves, He also doth test”; therefore, be of good cheer, and keep faith and hope burning bright within you, that you may live as a beacon in the darkness, a humble reflection of heavenly grace upon the Earth.
“For unto whom much is given, of him much shall be required. I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.” … “Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time? Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?”
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.”
“And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.”
May you ever be attendant unto the Will of God, and may He ever be watchful over you,