Alinsky’s 13 Rules for the Left
1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the experience of your people.
3. Whenever possible, go outside of the experience of the enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
These “rules” have become so successful that everyone is using them to implement their agendas or marginalize perceived “enemies”. As we saw with Paul Ryan, there is no compromise in our government, only capitulation and integration into the political elite. But these rules are being used at even local levels of government to obtain and secure power.
Should we try to compromise with decrees from those who can only be described as domestic enemies? We first have to identify which issues would we want compromise:
- Abortion – 54 million deaths and counting. The government is still funding Planned Parenthood.
- Immigration – Our rulers are importing unvetted Muslims as our country is attacked by Islamic terrorism.
- Border Security – Obama’s open borders threatens our national security. States which enact existing immigration laws are punished by the federal government.
- Police State – Our police no longer protect and serve the people. Do police instill safety or fear? Do your children fear the police?
- National Debt – Our rulers spend money to enslave our children.
- Education – 50% of our schools are failing.
- Homosexual agenda – There is no compromise with this faction: they want everything including our faith.
Do you hear anyone talking about compromise on any issue? Congress is holding on the 2nd Amendment but Obama will issue an executive order for gun control against the Constitution. Is this compromise or Rule 1? Or Rule 11?
Why don’t we live by our rules?
Proposed Rules for Patriots:
1. Freedom can never be compromised.
“Compromise, hell! That’s what has happened to us all down the line — and that’s the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?”
2. Evil must be addressed with action, not acquiescence.
“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
3. Make the right choice regardless of the consequences.
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
4. Look to our founding principles: they are our rock.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Declaration of Independence
5. Liberty must never to be taken for granted or it will be lost.
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
6. Laws meant to usurp our rights are illegal and must not be obeyed.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
7. Never vote for or accept the lesser of two evils.
Would you ever tell your children to accept evil?
8. Slavery comes in many forms but it must never be tolerated.
Can you imagine trying to justify slavery on your judgment day?
9. When faced with a decision, always chose the solution which is best for the children.
These proposed rules have one purpose: we must decide what we stand for in order to stand up and win back our Liberty. The first step is to build your community based on a set of common principles. Compare these proposed rules against the rules for radicals. Which side do you want to be on?