The following weather alert has increased the forecast flooding from moderate to major severity at Fort Calhoun, NE. More rain is expected over the next week and dams upstream are already at capacity.
…FORECAST FLOODING INCREASED FROM MODERATE TO MAJOR SEVERITY…
THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE MISSOURI RIVER NEAR BLAIR.
* AT 9:16 AM MONDAY THE STAGE WAS 32.5 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 26.5 FEET.
* MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FORECAST…THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE RISING TO NEAR 33.1 FEET BY
EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING. ADDITIONAL RISES MAY BE POSSIBLE
* IMPACT…AT 33.5 FEET…WATER REACHES LEVELS NOT SEEN SINCE THE
FLOOD OF 1952. SIGNIFICANT FLOODING WILL BE OCCURRING FROM BLAIR
TO FORT CALHOUN.