Tonight San Bruno police identified the shooter at YouTube’s HQ as Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old woman from San Diego and said there is no evidence she knew the victims or that they were specifically targeted. While the sources have not confirmed a reason behind the attack, now that her name is known we’ve found a number of videos from her posted on YouTube and other sites saying that she was a vegan athlete and animal rights activist.
A few points:
1. YouTube (Google) is taking advantage of people and their compensation.
2. YouTube is filtering videos.
3. YouTube has hired people to ensure that videos meet their agenda.
4. YouTube has banned videos detailing firearm education.
5. YouTube policy concerning intellectual rights based on algorithms needs work.
When this story broke, the initial news cycle reported this attack as a domestic dispute. It will be interesting to see how they report the attack by a vegan who is also an animal rights activist.