The country’s governments are broken on both the state and federal levels. Donald Trump’s vision to make America great again is both noble and flawed. One man cannot make America great even if he is the President. It is a first step and his success has been unqualified. This success has emboldened the Deep State to expedite the destruction of the country. What is the next necessary step?
Make Congress great. I did not put again in this statement since I do not know when Congress has been great in our country’s history. We see how the current House leadership is destroying both the President’s initiatives and his office in order to destroy the country so that they can rebuild it in their image.
How to make Congress great:
1. Article 1, Section 5 of the Constitution”
“Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.”
All it takes is 2/3 of the House to expel a member for disorderly Behavior as they define the rules. It would not take much effort to expel one or two “members” in order to bring civility and adherence to the Constitution back into the House. Imagine expelling Schiff for lying and obstruction of justice. Or one of the new Socialists for betraying the Constitution.
2. Expel a member for using the office for profit. Nancy Pelosi’s insider trading of Visa stock based on legislative to be passed in the future was and is still legal.
3. Outlaw lobbyists. Their only function is to pay or reward legislators for acting in their interests.
4. Term limits. Two consecutive terms in the House.
5. The logic for a six year term in the Senate is no longer valid. Make a Senate term for two years. Two consecutive terms in the Senate for the term limit.
6. Eliminate any benefits that elected officials receive that people are not able to receive. Health care is a prime example.
7. No retirement benefits for civil service in Congress.
8. Leaking classified information by any federal agency would be prosecuted without exception.
9. Withholding information, manipulating information or manufacturing information would be prosecuted without exception.
10. Limit time in Washington, D.C. to eight weeks a year. Make quarterly town halls mandatory in their district.
We know that the above points will not be implemented. Unless Congress and the Judiciary are brought under control, America will not be great again. So where does that leave us?