I will come right out and say it: the Republicans lose because they have no backbone and are not that smart. Or I should say not as educated as the opposition.
- Trump hired Alan Dershowitz to defend him in his impeachment trial in the Senate. I will not elaborate on Mr. Dershowitz’s political leanings other than to say they are completely opposite of the conservative viewpoint.
- Trump came out at his COVID-19 press conference and hid the truth from the American people. Why? Because the powers that be know that most people cannot handle the truth and have no critical thinking skills. The endemic outbreak in California was first discovered on February 19th. The mayor of San Francisco declared a local emergency on February 25th. Does anyone seriously think that the President of the United States did not know that a community outbreak in California was the reason for this declaration? And yet the truth was replaced with the conservative mantra to buy the dip.
Some facts and estimates:
- There are currently 7.8 billion people on the earth.
- A leaked report from the United Kingdom stated that 80% of the world’s population would be infected by COVID-19.
- No one is talking about it but the case fatality rate is rising since more accurate numbers are coming in. The rate is now 3.4% which is still probably low based on the manipulation of infected in China, Iran, Thailand, Russia and the United States.
So let’s run the numbers based on the above information. The number of people who will die from COVID-19 globally will be 212,160,000 people. If we use the low end rate of infected as Harvard estimates to be 40%, the number drops down to 106,080,000. But don’t worry, as Rush Limbaugh and the President have stated that this is comparable to the regular flu.
I heard two disturbing points today from talking heads:
- Don’t wear a mask, just wash your hands.
- There is no need to buy additional food or supplies.
This was coupled with the administration’s promise to have large numbers of N95 masks manufactured instead of N100 masks.
But let’s go back to the original premise, Republicans are not as well educated as the opposition. Do not get me wrong: education rarely equates to high character. And very few politicians on either side have high character. The opposition is using COVID-19 for political purposes. The administration is not qualified to handle this crisis as their actions have proven. As we move into the Fourth Turning, our confidence in our institutions and governments is collapsing as predicted. I just want to have you consider how many people must die in order to keep the world’s economies from collapsing? Even when economic collapse is inevitable?