I posted an article showing the differences between President Trump’s and Biden’s inaugural military salute. The differences were clear:
- 4 cannons for Trump and 3 cannons for Biden.
- Firing sequence (timing and number) was different.
- Location was different (Capitol for Trump and Arlington Cemetery for Biden).
What did some of the readers focus on? This was part of a Qanon conspiracy. I don’t follow Q and initially saw this information on Gab. What did I expect from our side?
- The proper protocol for this event: number of cannon, number of shots fired, location and firing timing.
- Cogent comments
- Comparison with other inaugurations. Obama’s inauguration 21 gun salute was at the Capitol.
What did I get? The same old tired diatribes that only serve to divide us. For instance:
The 4th cannon was in for maintenance, and two were borrowed from the Marines current front line inventory.
But the 21 gun salute that Donald Trump received hours earlier had 4 cannons:
Here is Obama’s inaugural salute at the Capitol with 4 cannon:
I have said before that this site presents information for your consideration and analysis. How would you rate the performance of comments on all posts? It could be that many readers are just trolls trying to mislead us. It could be that we will continue to divide our side and keep losing. It could be that our readers who comment do not have a high level of sapience.
Harsh conclusions? I have never sought anyone’s approval: consider the name of this site. I am used to attacks for trying to make people think but I hoped the rewards for the country would be worth it if I (we) could expose some truth. It appears that I have failed.
So how do you want to proceed?
- Shut the site down. The money and time that I spend would be diverted to buying food for people in the coming Dark Winter.
- Eliminate comments.
- Monitor comments and delete those comments that are not constructive (in my opinion) similar to Twitter.
- Step up and submit comments that address the issue, ask cogent questions and provide links to support any conclusions.
The enemy is laughing at us. If we continue along this path, we will only see more defeats. I will close with this saying that was the reason I stopped following Q years ago:
The sky is purple. You have everything you need.
The above saying is one that I made up. However, we do have everything we need to fight for what is right. I am not saying that we will win. I am definitely saying that you can do better than attack the messengers since we are being attacked by the enemy also.