On Tuesday, May 28th at 7:30 PM, Quail Ridge Books and Music will have a “Town Meeting” entitled “Gun Violence in America: What Can or Should be Done in Media, Politics and Mental Health?” They will discuss what the media, political leaders, and mental health professionals should do to counteract the “upswing” in mass shootings and violence.
I wish that I could provide video of this event but filming was not allowed. The reason given to me was that the panelists had agreed to not be filmed prior to the event. Why have a “Town Meeting” but limit its scope to the people in attendance? The good news is that nothing substantive was presented at this pro gun control meeting. At least in the first forty minutes: I could not take anymore and left.
1. Obama’s $100 billion brain mapping program is a good start to analyze mental illness.
2. The majority of the people want more gun control but the Republicans and the NRA are stopping Congress from enacting legislation.
3. David Price is now a statesman instead of a politician according to Dr. Meymandi.
4. All rights can be limited such as yelling fire in a crowded theater. This includes 2nd amendment rights where you do not need high capacity magazines.
5. The town meeting was not a debate on the 2nd amendment.
1. The panelists were all pro gun control.
2. This venue was a backdoor approach to gun control using mental health issues.
3. David Price wanted people to believe that additional measures for purchasing firearms is only a matter of public safety.
I only wanted one question to be answered. Are all of the people buying ammunition across the country mentally ill?