I have found that turning points in my life do not happen based on one incident. Usually I have several “coincidences” reinforce this change so that I recognize its significance. Today in church, the sermon covered Proverbs 29:18:
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
An partial analysis for “law” is shown below:
The word “law” may be used in Proverbs 29:18 as a reference to the Law of Moses, to the teachings of the prophets, or to the instructions of the wisemen. Whatever the meaning of the word “law,” the law here stands for God’s word. Obedience to God’s word is essential to the well-being of a nation or an individual: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance” (Psalm 33:12).
This sermon reinforced two beliefs:
- Our present government has no vision. Our nation is on the verge of economic collapse based on a GDP of $14 trillion but a combined national debt/unfunded liabilities of $127 trillion. We will soon be at a point where the total tax revenue collected will not pay the interest on our debt. Do you see any politician with a vision to address the reality of this issue?
- Our government has abandoned the Constitution: the Supreme Law of the Land in our judicial system. Our society abandoned Biblical law when the church accepted the tax free carrot offered by the government’s 501(C)3 statute. Our current attorney general has abandoned any pretext of following the laws of our country. Congress is passing unconstitutional legislation and former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi would not even address her responsibility under her oath of offer toward the Constitution.
What were the other events that happened today after this sermon?
1. This movie shows us how we should never try to comprehend how God works:
2. This article gives us a vision for hope:
3. The following article outlines the lack of vision in the Republican Party. A large majority of the patriot movement was taken over by the Republican Party last year. Why are we not asking ourselves why the House of Representatives is not taking action to save our country?
Frederic Bastiat explains what we now face in a succinct manner:
When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.
I look forward to experiencing the consequences of this turning point since I know it is all according to God’s plan.