Note: This Resolution was written for Virginia Counties and quotes from Virginia’s State Constitution.
If you would like me to address your State Constitution, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: I reason from First Principles set forth in our two Founding Documents.
WHEREAS, our Declaration of Independence is the Fundamental Act of our Founding and part of the Organic Law of our Land and recognizes that our Rights come from the Creator God; and that among these Rights is the Right of self-defense; and
WHEREAS, our Declaration of Independence recognizes that the purpose of government is to secure the Rights God gave us; and
WHEREAS, the Constitution of the United States is one of enumerated powers only; and WE THE PEOPLE did not grant to the federal government any power whatsoever over the Country at Large to restrict our arms; and
WHEREAS, the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States acknowledges: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”; and
WHEREAS, Article I, §13 of the Constitution of the State of Virginia acknowledges: “That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;…”
NOW THEREFOR, BE IT RESOLVED:
1. That all federal laws, regulations, judicial opinions, and other edicts for the Country at Large which pretend to restrict THE PEOPLES’ arms in any fashion whatsoever are unlawful as in violation of our Declaration of Independence; and are unconstitutional as outside the scope of powers granted to the federal government in the Constitution of the United States; and as in violation of the Second Amendment; and
2. That all State laws, regulations, judicial opinions, and other edicts purporting to apply to the State at Large which pretend to restrict THE PEOPLES’ arms in any fashion whatsoever are unlawful as in violation of our Declaration of Independence; and are unconstitutional as in violation of Article I, §8, clauses 15 and 16 of the Constitution of the United States [those clauses permitting the Congress to require Citizens of the States to be armed and trained]; as in violation of the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States; and as in violation of Article I, §13 of the Constitution of the State of Virginia.
AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED by the _____________ County Board of Supervisors that the Board intends to vigorously uphold the Right of the Citizens to be armed; and in addition thereto intends at subsequent times and dates to adopt the following measures:
1. Funding for weapons training for Citizens residing in this County, including firearms safety training in ______________ County public schools;
2. Provisions to eliminate funding for enforcement of any pretended laws, regulations, judicial opinions, or other edicts which violate our Declaration of Independence and any of the above-described federal or state constitutional provisions; and
3. Other provisions as the Board may deem necessary or appropriate for the purposes stated above.
It is so RESOLVED, this ________ day of _____________, 2020.